Going Batty for Halloween


The baby bat
Screamed out in fright,
"Turn on the dark,
I'm afraid of the light."


Back in 2012 when Squish had just started at nursery school, there was a dress-up day. All the other children arrived dressed like butterflies, fairies, tigers & firemen, but for some reason I had the urge to make a bat costume.

She looked super cute!



The bat top then came in handy the following Halloween, & when her little best friend saw it, she wanted one too, so I whipped another black-winged top up immediately.

They love them, to the extent that they are often worn to parties, for baking or just a trip to the shops. And because they are made from stretchy jersey fabric, they are super practical & still fit 2 years later!

And then I noticed during one of my IG surfs that BangBang Copenhagen (a seriously amazing & creative Danish brand that I frequently droll over) had included a similar item in their 2014 collection in the form of a hoodie - I was obviously on to a good thing!!



And with that, I decided to expand the bat love beyond Lula & her friends and give other aspiring bats to have one of these cool outfits.

Fun. Creative. Comfortable.

Introducing The Bat from Lula by Emma!



More pics to follow & to order, contact me on soinheartwith@gmail.com

(and for more bat poetry, look here!)
x


No comments:

Post a Comment